The aim of this Workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners who are working on various aspects of social robotics and adaptive interaction. The expected result of the workshop is a multidisciplinary research agenda that will inform future research directions and hopefully, forge some research collaborations.
Topics (of interest) include (but are not limited to):
- Personalized Human Robot Interaction (HRI)
- User modeling in social HRI
- Adaptation strategies for social HRI
- Affective interaction with robots
- Machine learning for social robots
- Natural Language Interaction with social robots
- Emotion detection in social HRI
- Social Assistive Robots
- Social Robots in Education
- Social HRI and Cognitive Impairments
- Social Robots as Conversational Recommender Systems
- Social Robots in the real world
- User-centred Design in social HRI
- Behavior Transparency for Social Robot
- Empirical Evaluation of Social Robots
We believe that the IUI community may bring an important contribution to HRI and social robotics, and the current workshop proposal has been intended to this aim.
Page limits: Long papers 6 pages including references; Short pages: 4 pages including references; Position paper/Demo paper 2 pages including references.
Papers that exceed the page limits or formatting guidelines will be returned without review.
Submissions should be single blinded, i.e. authors names should be included in the submissions.
Papers must be formatted using the ACM SIG CHI proceedings template: http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template (the paper format, not the extended abstract format).
All papers should be submitted in PDF format via the online submission system. (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=caesar2020
An international panel of experts will review all submissions.
Demos need to provide links to the systems presented. Work that has already been published should not be submitted unless it introduces a significant addition to the previously published work.
- December 20, 2019: Submission deadline (23:59 PM Hawaiian time)
- January 14, 2020: Notification deadline (23:59 PM Hawaiian time)
- January 28, 2020: Camera-Ready deadline (23:59 PM Hawaiian time)